Overall Objectives of the Module
After completing the module, the participants will be able to
- Give an overview of the relevance of sociopolitical objectives in public procurement
- Explain critical success factors for effective implementation of sociopolitical objectives
- Implement effective communication channels to bidders/suppliers and customers
Public Procurement Excellence
Head of Marketing and Communications
Bundesbeschaffung GmbH (BBG), Austria
„Do good and spread the word.“
Professional Background of the Trainer
Ten years of professional management experience in the public sector, the non-profit sector and the private sector.
Responsible for the development and implementation of sociopolitical procurement strategies for BBG tendering procedures, such as
- Further development of an SME strategy to promote SME access to the public procurement market (in cooperation with the Austrian Chamber of Commerce)
- Representing BBG in the development of a national action plan for sustainable procurement in cooperation with Federal Ministry for Sustainability and Tourism
- Design, implementation and establishment of a Competence Centre for Innovation Procurement
- Development and management of several national and EU-wide innovation procurement projects
Since 2017, Head of Marketing and Communications and Product Management at the BBG and therefore responsible for strategic and operational marketing of the BBG. Responsible for business development based on the development of customer-focused product strategies.
Furthermore, lecturer at the BBG’s in-house academy (PPA), as well as at the Federal Academy of Public Administration, focused on sociopolitical procurement objectives.
Before the BBG, General Manager of a non-profit organisation and management of an agency of the General Secretariat of Austrian Bishops Conference. Prior to that, Management Consultant for project & process management, organisational development, strategy and change Management.
Educational Background of the Trainer
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Mag. rer. soc. oec. in business education and public management
- Mag. phil. in administration management and political science