Public Procurement Excellence
Bundesbeschaffung GmbH (BBG), Austria
Andreas Nemec has been Managing Director of the Austrian Federal Procurement Agency (BBG) since its foundation in 2001.
Previously, he occupied various positions in private companies and public organisations. He was general manager for vending business at Leipnik Lundenburger Inc. for several years and a member of the board at the AGRANA International group. Both companies were listed on the Vienna Stock Exchange. Before that, Andreas was Head of Controlling and Accounting for the video recording division of Philips Austria Ltd. and Head of Finance and Accounting for Philips Video Hungary. He has experience of working with the public sector through his involvement in the Federation of Austrian Industry and as consultant and trainer for the Government of Lower Austria.
Andreas graduated in Economics at the University of Vienna and attended study programmes at the University of Zürich and the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung in Berlin.
Overall Objectives of the Module
After completing the module, the participants will be able to
- understand the legal Background for aggregated procurement
- illustrate the increasing requirements for public procurement organisations and functions
- define and analyse the key decisions of building a CPBS
- compare the advantages and disadvantages of different organisational structures
- explain critical succsess factors for implementation