Head of Operational Procurement, Customer Management & Sales,
Special Field of Expertise
Head of Operational Procurement, Customer Management & Sales.
Together with his team Alexander is responsible for the departments tender management, contract & quality management, support management and sales. Tender mgmt. accounts for the tendering processes – from publishing tenders through contract award.
Contract & quality mgmt. takes the responsibility for the post-award phase- from supplier onboarding through quality control measures and contract management. The support mgmt. team includes all service & support activities for customers and suppliers – from servicelines through e-shop content mgmt. The sales team works as an interface between customer requirements and standardized or tailormade BBG procurement services. Alexander’s and his team’s main focus is to develop workflows & processes which satisfy customer needs and create customer solutions while ensuring compliance with public procurement law. Since 2020 he co-manages BBG-COVID-projects, which include the procurement of masks, RAT (rapid antigen tests), PCR-test kits for schools and federal provinces, vaccination-logistics, etc. Before joining the BBG, Alexander was engaged for 20 years in telecommunications, IT and service sectors with a focus on development and sales, business growth and contract management. He also worked successfully as business consultant for Austrian SME and start-ups.
Educational Background and Career History
- Master in business management (FHW Vienna)
- Certified contractor auditor (TÜV Austria, 2020)
- Certified quality auditor (TÜV Austria, 2020)
- incorporated business consultant (Austrian economic chamber, 2009)
- Certified insurance expert (acad. of Austrian insurance industry, 2000)
Sectors of Professional Experience
- telecommunications & internet services
- mobile telecommunications
- operating leases
- insurance services
- IT-support & network solutions
- business consulting (focus areas development & rapid business growth)