Overall Objectives of the Module
After completing the module, the participants will be able to:
- Explain which criteria determine success for a business and the importance of controlling (performance management).
- Explain the performance management process and the significance of the individual process steps in relation to the company’s success.
- Explain the difficulties in measuring performance in non-profit and public organisation.
- Explain the difference between productivity and profitability and give practical examples.
- Use financial KPIs to manage profitability, efficiency, liquidity and financial gearing.
- Explain the importance of non-financial measures of performance.
- Use non-financial KPIs to manage processes and the supply chain, customer relation, employee relation and corporate social responsibility.
- Explain the concept of the balanced scorecard.
- Explain the “impact model” and its impact dimensions.
- Develop an impact model for a particular business.
Public Procurement Excellence
Management Accounting and Control Group
WU Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
“The head is round so that thoughts can change direction.” (F. Picabia)
- Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Management Accounting and Control Group, WU Vienna
- 2001-2005: University Assistant, Institute of Cooperatives
- 1999-2001: Research Assistant, Institute of Cooperatives
- 1997-1999: Head of Academic Dean’s Office
- 2004: Doctoral studies, Business Administration at WU Vienna
- 1987-1993: Degree program in Business Administration, WU Vienna