Head of Institute for Transport and Logistics Management
Department of Global Business and Trade,
WU Vienna University of Economics and Business
Special Field of Expertise
- Global supply chain management
- International logistics
- Transport management, production and purchasing
Formal Education and Career History
- Since 2001 Head of the Institute for Transport economics and Logistic management, Vienna University of economics and business administration
- 2007-2011 Head of the Research Institute for Supply Chain Management (WU)
- 2006-2011 Director of the European section of the MIT Forums Supply Chain Innovation MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Cambridge/Massachusetts, USA;
- 1996-2001 Chair of business administration, esp. Management of transport companies and logistics at the institute for economics and transportation, Dresden University of Technology;
- 1987-1996 Researcher at WHU-Otto Beisheim School of Management, Vallendar.
- Together with his team he carries out numerous successful research and practice projects for industrial and commercial companies as well as for transport and logistics service providers. He supported numerous transport and logistic tenders and is consulting public agencies on procurement and logistics topics. His publication list includes more than 150 publications, including leading textbooks.
- He is a regular guest professor at various international universities and has been recommended for an Endowed Chair Professorship at the Jilin University