The BBG and WU Executive Academy are teaming up again to deliver public procurement excellence. The core teaching team of the training programme from the BBG and WU is composed of experienced public procurement experts and renowned professors from all-over Europe, striking an optimum balance between a theoretical approach and practical experience.
(Austrian Federal Procurement Agency, BBG)
The BBG was founded in 2001 and developed over 20 years into a highly professional public procurement organisation with fundamental knowledge. For more than 12 years it has had extensive international and national experience in the design and delivery of training and certification programmes for public procurement professionals. Moreover, BBG provides leading-edge knowledge and expertise in implementing SME-friendly, green and sustainable, social and innovative procurement. As part of this strategy, BBG has implemented a competence centre for SME relevant aspects of procurement and tender strategies. Furthermore, two in-house national service points for Public Procurement Promoting Innovation (PPPI/IÖB) and Sustainable Public Procurement (naBe) are integrated into BBG organisation and strategy. Both are initiatives of the Austrian state to foster innovation and sustainability in the public sector.
In the area of integrated and automated e-procurement solutions, BBG represents technological leadership within the EU. This includes also supporting tools for and technical integration of SMEs.
BBG’s expertise, its relationships and the extensive knowledge of international procurement systems will ensure a training programme tailored to the needs of the participants. Participants of the training programme can benefit from BBG’s membership in the European CPB Network, a professional network where experts exchange on best practice and address current subjects of interest and provide access to expert knowledge of the network. These factors will provide a sound basis and the framework for a sustainable setup of an Alumni network, which is also part of the programme and will allow Alumni from all PPE programmes to connect.
Vienna University of Business and Economics (WU)
Our project partner, the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU) is one of the leading universities worldwide and offers its program portfolio in the area of Executive Education in the WU Executive Academy.
The portfolio includes MBA and Master of Laws programs, Professional Master programs, certificate courses, compact continuing education programs and custom programs. Today, the WU Executive Academy is one of the leading providers of continuing education in Europe.
Key WU success factors that participants will profit from are:
- Proven excellence as holder of three key accreditations: AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) and AMBA (Association of MBAs)
- Strict quality requirements fulfilled by less than 75 universities of economics worldwide
- Internationally recognised professors and top managers as practitioner lecturers
- The latest academic findings and comprehensive practice-relevant management tools
- Internationalisation with expert lecturers from all over the world and more than 2,200 managers, professionals, and high potential individuals from more than 85 countries
- The newest learning methods and technologies, ensuring successful studies